DISCLAIMER: These notes are from the defunct k8 project which precedes SquirrelJME. The notes for SquirrelJME start on 2016/02/26! The k8 project was effectively a Java SE 8 operating system and as such all of the notes are in the context of that scope. That project is no longer my goal as SquirrelJME is the spiritual successor to it.


Currently stuck on the best way to represent the language parser and the compiler tool. Tokenization and parsing of the source code files is very specific and does require access to the beacons I wrote.


I am in the zone, so stay with me. I have a plan for a highly parallelized optimizing compiler which performs the semi-threaded execution flow across multiple threads of a CPU or individual cores. Parameters would be tagged so that variables may be collected at will if they are not used or not even calculated at all or passed to the execution context. The return type would also be tagged as such. I would say that this is a poly-dynamic semi-threaded inline interlacing optimizing compiler. What I mean by inline interlacing is that execution flow is similar to the expansion so that a single context is interlaced across multiple execution systems. The difference is that it may branch outside and possibly into the kernel. There would be mostly static analysis while the tagging will add a slight dynamic taste to it. I thought about using a bit flagged jump to jump to specific tagged variants of methods. However CPUs lack an instruction for that and I would instead have to use a slow jump table which is made up of either a dereference and a jump, or a modified addition and multiplier, a bunch of branch checks for equality (a giant switch block).

Strange feeling is that I wrote that entire paragraph in six minutes but it only felt like ten seconds to myself. I feel really good right now, although I have not touched any code. I am at the edge of tiredness. So I must type this quickly, although I still have most of my concentration remaining. Well, most of it.


And before I forget, I have for my compiler setup. Language processor depends on the file manager, and the compiler invokation code depends on both of them, but more on the syntax handler at the early stage. Then after the initial stage the file manager is used more directly. I will also need another class for language processing such as generation of IL and output to other various forms of binary executables.


Woke up now to get to work.


Took awhile, but I figured what I need for my compiler is a pipeline for decoding of command tasks just so I know what is being done and such.


Before I make all this duplicate code, I need to make a common abstract class first. And now that I did that and changed a few other things it now looks tons better than previously before.


I just need to move my command option parsing over from s into v.