DISCLAIMER: These notes are from the defunct k8 project which precedes SquirrelJME. The notes for SquirrelJME start on 2016/02/26! The k8 project was effectively a Java SE 8 operating system and as such all of the notes are in the context of that scope. That project is no longer my goal as SquirrelJME is the spiritual successor to it.


Only 6 classes left to implement everything.


Only two classes remain.


And only one interface remains, then after that I will need to implement the actual interfaces.


While implementing this, I will also need to make my own testing framework so I can gauge compatibility between my implementation of everything against reference implementations. Since I aim for compatibility and a TCK cost 50,000 USD using a TCK is out of the question. 99.9% compatible is good enough for me if the remaining 0.1% is a sticker. Also the TCK only lasts 3 years, so after that point what use would it be? I would then have to repurchase that TCK again. Talk about greed.


Realized that Json provides a full mapping to JsonProvider, so I only had to copy the descriptions of the abstract methods I wrote.