DISCLAIMER: These notes are from the defunct k8 project which precedes SquirrelJME. The notes for SquirrelJME start on 2016/02/26! The k8 project was effectively a Java SE 8 operating system and as such all of the notes are in the context of that scope. That project is no longer my goal as SquirrelJME is the spiritual successor to it.


Awake, now to get back to work.


Need to remember in any future sorting code that List set() returns the old value which makes sorting a bit easier to implement.


Using the pathform really does simplify things. Soon I should be able to start work on the actual compile and get compilation work done.


The LanguagePlugin getPlugin() needs to be stronger so that it is capable of using more bounds. There could be multiple plugins which support input of Java but they might not output to intermediate language. This has to be checked otherwise strange things will occur.


Thought about writing a TTY library that I can use to handle xterm sequences and provide a terminal for later usage by the OS. Also thought about writing an interface to telnet. Also thought about writing a NetHack bot as some sample code for the terminal and telnet libraries. Writing those would be handy because then I could have a full TTY by the time I get my OS operational and I would not have to worry about the terminal stuff at all. However, I should worry about that after I got a bit more of my compiler and package system setup. I need to think about how to go about putting input and output, do I read from a FileChannel and output a class? I would need a wrapper class which exposes a specific kind of object, which could be a FileChannel or could be a class which represents the abstract syntax of compiled code. However, that abstract syntax could also be input so that is why it must work both ways.


The bot would only work when tiledata is enabled however.


I am going to need a class which can handle realization of object types based on varying identities that are possible. The class must be able to handle class files, JAR files, source files, and even source files that are currently being compiled. So I will have to read a source file first then perform any realization at the end to make it very worthwhile. If there are any unknown identities then the file fails to compile due to invalid symbols being used. I will have to perform structure analyzation along with reading the actual code.


I added some color to the build script so I could see what goes on better. Quite colorful, but if the terminal supports color it would be easier to distinguish a few things.