DISCLAIMER: These notes are from the defunct k8 project which precedes SquirrelJME. The notes for SquirrelJME start on 2016/02/26! The k8 project was effectively a Java SE 8 operating system and as such all of the notes are in the context of that scope. That project is no longer my goal as SquirrelJME is the spiritual successor to it.
I decided to put the open for a file through the stat class because that contains a bunch of file information.
Files are read by Oracle's Java compiler, however they just contain NUL characters so the getCharSequence is incorrect.
Would seem that CharBuffer is not the thing that I want.
The compiler appears to compile files, but it does not seem to output them anywhere at all. If I change the code so that it fails to compile (by changing all a to e), that results in failure. So there is more to the puzzle to have it actually write files. Unless it is related to the ClassLoader possibly.
Actually I figured it out, I perform an ls on the directory I am in and the class files all popped up there, so it must be where the ClassLoader determines the files should be placed. Possibly not.
I believe it is the hasLocation in JFM, because right now I only say that a location is valid if the configuration has a path for it. However, the compiler might see the false for CLASS_OUTPUT as "Cannot output class files, so use a default mechanism".
Does not appear to be the case at all, the compiler still places them in the current directory. I will see if StandardJavaFileManager causes a difference compared to a normal JavaFileManager, I would not need to change any code because that interface extends the one I am replacing.
Using StandardJavaFileManager makes no difference at all.
I am completely stuck, before it was using list but now it does not. I added list in d025550fa05972bdede00fdd008553915f20a450. That was when I still had domains, but that would now make much of a difference.
I believe I may have figured it out, the base file manager being used could be null, and if a null is passed to the compiler then it uses the standard file manager instead. Forcing the value of null in the call pass, causes the same result, class files in current dir.
Had to eat but this is the case. I also forgot to write a throw in ProxyJavaFileManager to check the configuration so the base was never set, however the null pointer checks in other places make it more robust. Will need to write an arbitrator so that files are written to memory rather than the disk for where the API is used by the build package. This way, the source directory stays pristine.
I will need to implement list which means more manager work for stats and such.
Before I proceed I will need to implement access into JAR files so I can list the contents of the bootclasspath JARs on the host.
The compiler has a massive call stack along with my stuff totalling 40. Another thing I can tell is that the ZIP interface is really ancient, uses Enumeration for one.
I believe I have a working ls for JarHandler, now I just need to implement list in JFM: "PLATFORM_CLASS_PATH" "progress" "[CLASS]" "false".
Doing the actual ls appears to be simple.
And my ls was actually complicating things by adding an exploded string array (from the path) to the ls in StatControl. That of which, in SC already knows the current location because it is cached, so the implementation gets much simpler after that.
Actually I am overcomplicating ls in stat, I do all this fancy explosion but the path is already known and just ls in stat (at least for JAR) works.
MountTree ls works now.