DISCLAIMER: These notes are from the defunct k8 project which precedes SquirrelJME. The notes for SquirrelJME start on 2016/02/26! The k8 project was effectively a Java SE 8 operating system and as such all of the notes are in the context of that scope. That project is no longer my goal as SquirrelJME is the spiritual successor to it.


Need to move my tokenizer stuff around to handle cases where it is not used by a LexerDescription task.


Actually I just realized something writing my hairball code, at this point it is expected that it will be Java 8, so this close finally mess I can replace with try with resources, since hairball can use Java 8 features. If the host lacks support for Java 8 then my simple compiler would have taken care of that. And this marks the first time I have used try-with-resources statement.


Been removing some hasNext() Iterator usage to reduce race condition potentials, and I find that IteratorChain is quite broken in this sense.


Rewrote IteratorChain, shaved off about 25 lines of code and now it looks much safer and much leaner and cleaner.


I figure my hairball script will just be a Java inspired system and syntax but be very simple and easy to parse.