I have ideas for Squirrel Quarrel, for the given points:
- Campaign with at least 9 missions.
- There will be 4 players (4 color blind friendly colors).
- There will be fog of war.
- There will be custom maps.
- Random map selection only via seed.
- Game Play
- Will involve scouts and acorn/leaves collecting.
- Limited number of squirrels in play: 8 squirrels.
- Acorns are used to birth new squirrels.
- Leaves are used to build nests and upgrade areas.
- All squirrel units are the same.
- Squirrels can carry acorns/leaves/sticks and return to base.
- The more the squirrel carries the less damage they do.
- They can be equipped with weapons to increase damage taken.
- They can be equipped with armor to decrease damage received.
- Weapons and armor may break and have limited durability.
- Simple command set:
- Attack/move/build/gather/drop in direction.
- The maps will be generally small.
- There will be: grass, dirt, leaves, acorns, sticks, trees, and water.
- Multiplayer play
- Controller choices
- On Device
- Remote Communication (Listen as Host)
- Remote Communication (Connect as Host)
- Code Exchange (Host)
- Computer (A...-Z...)
- Letters from A-Z if good word is available, different AIs for each.
- Acorn, Curious, Gray, Ratufa, Squeak, etc.
- Joining multiplayer is done with:
- Remote Communication (Listen as Joiner)
- Remote Communication (Connect as Joiner)
- Code Exchange (Joiner)
- Exchange Codes will be
- Allows two or more players to play with two devices and no connection.
- There will be a "give code and wait for code" screen which is used to give the player the other code and also receive their code too.
- Will be huffman compressed to make them shorter and conserve space.
- Check code will be at the end.
- Codes will be in a form of
1234*56#1234*56#*7890##shorter sequence groups to make division easier. The star symbol will be for extra data and a check, is just to split it up. There will be a check digit at the very end to ensure the command was entered property.
- Communication will be any GCF read/write two-way stream.
- Generally TCP, Serial, or Modem.
- Controller choices