SquirrelJME is very much designed to be easily ported to other systems as all of the code for it is in Java, which means there is a universal method of compilation and executing the code.
Ports of SquirrelJME available at the port list.
THIS DOCUMENTATION IS OUT OF DATE!
Although SquirrelJME is a complex project, the layout and design as previously mentioned sets down that SquirrelJME be easy to port. Therefor, these are the requirements needed for porting:
- Execution engine
- To properly execute SquirrelJME's library
- One of:
- Executing SummerCoat ROMs
- RatufaCoat port to platform
- Translation of SummerCoat into native code
- Implement the various System Calls
- Resource Access
The starting point for the system is
cc.squirreljme.jvm.boot.SystemBoot.__sysBoot, which accepts the RAM region
and configuration data.