- Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Stephanie Gawroriski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Multi-Phasic Applications http://multiphasicapps.net/
- Lex (The SquirrelJME Mascot) was drawn by...
- "Puppenstein" http://www.furaffinity.net/user/puppenstein/
- Support me on Patreon!
SquirrelJME is intended to be a Java ME 8 compatible environment for strange and many other devices. That is, you would be able to have a Java environment on a wide range of Internet of Things devices, older computers (such as the Amiga), embedded devices, and mobile devices from old to new. It intends to be 99.9% compatible with Java ME 8 and older J2ME standards. It should be able to run a wide range of older J2ME software which would enable this software to be used for archival purposes. It is written purely in Java and requires only a Java compiler and virtual machine for it to be built.
- Code of Conduct
- Design Document
- Developer Notes
- Source: GNU General Public License, Version 3 or later
- Assets: Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 4.0
- Release Route
- Project Scope
I Am Open For Hiring
SquirrelJME is a hobby project (which means I work on it in my spare time) and as such does not sustain me monetarily. What does sustain me is a job in retail at big box stores. If you do like my work please also be advised that I am available for hire to work on a number of other projects potentially. Most of my experience for languages is in C, Java, and POSIX Shell. Although I do not mainly use other languages they can be learned by adapting my current experience with those languages. SquirrelJME itself mostly relates to embedded, compiler, and Java development. I prefer remote development as it allows me to work from home rather than spending time commuting every day (which wastes time). Interest can be e-mailed to me (Stephanie Gawroriski) at email@example.com.
- Online repository (HTTPS, Tor (A), Tor (B))
- SquirrelJME uses
- The repository may be cloned using Fossil:
- One of these commands:
fossil clone -u http://multiphasicapps.net/ squirreljme.fossil
fossil clone -u https://multiphasicapps.net/ squirreljme.fossil
fossil clone -u http://squirrelzarhffxz.onion/ squirreljme.fossil
fossil clone -u http://squirrelmfbf2udn.onion/ squirreljme.fossil
fossil open ../squirreljme.fossil
- One of these commands:
- Alternatively via GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/XerTheSquirrel/SquirrelJME
- Trunk Source Snapshot (
- Read-Only Mirrors:
- Locations where you can get support:
- Front facing social media:
- Personal Accounts (If you wish to contact me this way)
- To be self-hosting - it can build itself while running on itself, provided there is a filesystem and enough memory.
- To be small - Smaller programs are easier to maintain and are usually simpler.
- To be fast - With the potential of AOT/JIT, systems that do not normally have a port of an existing virtual machine will usually only have an interpreter.
- To be compatible - So that existing Java ME 8 applications can run on this virtual machine, along with J2ME applications when required. This has the added bonus of allowing one to use older software to catalog for preservation.
- To compile once and run anywhere - Current and up to date Java implementations are limited only to a few select systems (Solaris, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows). Java ME 8 as of this writing only supports the FRDM-K64F and the Raspberry Pi. There are multitudes of devices that support J2ME, however that is horribly out of date when compared with the Java that is used today (J2ME is equal to Java 1.4 which was released in 2002).
You may donate to SquirrelJME to which would be used by the author to keep the web server online, the purchasing of new hardware/software, and for the purchasing of food items for consumption.
- BitCoin (BTC/XBT):
- Ethereum (ETH):
- LiteCoin (LTC):
JAVA AND ALL OTHER RELATED TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS ARE OWNED BY ORACLE CORPORATION http://www.oracle.com/.
SQUIRRELJME IS NEITHER PRODUCED BY NOR ENDORSED BY ORACLE CORPORATION.
ALL SOURCE CODE IS WRITTEN BY MYSELF WITH FUNCTIONALITY DETERMINED BY THE DOCUMENTED APIS AND RUN-TIME BEHAVIOR. I HAVE NOT LOOKED AT THE SOURCE CODE FOR OTHER IMPLEMENTATIONS, NEITHER FREE SOFTWARE NOR PROPRIETARY IMPLEMENTATIONS. ESSENTIALLY SQUIRRELJME IS A CLEAN-ROOM IMPLEMENTATION OF THE DESIGN OF JAVA ME 8. THE IMPLEMENTATIONS OF THE JAVA ME 8 APIS AND ASSOCIATED JSRS/JEPS IS CONSIDERED BY MYSELF TO BE IN THE FAIR USE (AND IT ALSO HELPS THE JAVA ECOSYSTEM BY PERMITTING IT TO RUN IN MORE PLACES WHERE IT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY ORACLE).
THIS SOFTWARE IS INCOMPLETE AND IN ITS CURRENT STATE IS NOT CURRENTLY 100% COMPATIBLE WITH JAVA ME 8. THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO RELEASED VERSIONS OF THIS SOFTWARE. AS SUCH THE FIRST RELEASE WILL BE WHEN IT IS COMPATIBLE SO AS TO NOT VIOLATE POTENTIAL LICENSES, AND IF POSSIBLE BE VERIFIED WITH ANY APPLICABLE TCKS (SO IT WOULD BE AN "OFFICIAL" IMPLEMENTATION).